And the future seemed more fragile than ever.
As a child, Landon Lucas Maxfield believed his life was perfect and looked forward to a future filled with promise — until tragedy tore his family apart and made him doubt everything he ever believed.
All he wanted was to leave the past behind. When he met Jacqueline Wallace, his desire to be everything she needed came so easy…
As easy as it could be for a man who learned that the soul is breakable and that everything you hoped for could be ripped away in a heartbeat.
- Published 6th May by Penguin - ISBN: 0425266869 (ISBN13: 9780425266861)
We also get a greater insight into Landon's family, the before and after (as he calls it). The Harry Potter parallels were a clever touch and made me smile. I did cry a lot more this time because the honesty of Landon/Lucas's pain was heartbreaking. It was also nice to see the things which made him happy and see his life pre-Jacqueline (i.e. other girls).
I had a few moments of panic where I kept thinking maybe Webber had decided to change the ending or to mess with them. Breakable is a wonderful addition to Lucas's and Jacqueline's story and I loved getting a rundown of his tattoos and piercings!!
- Love is not the absence of logic, but logic examined and recalculated, heated and curved to fit inside the contours of the heart.
- I had become Harry Potter. Except I was thirteen and not magic, and my destiny, whatever it was, held no profound purpose.
- I looked like a poster boy for a bad life choice.
- She was like a magical being who'd suddenly found herself earthbound and bereft of her magical powers...