Waiting on Wednesday is my weekly post where I obsess over the shiny new books I cannot wait to read!
This week I'm waiting on... After the End by Amy Plum
World War III has left the world ravaged by nuclear radiation. A lucky few escaped to the Alaskan wilderness. They've survived for the last thirty years by living off the land, being one with nature, and hiding from whoever else might still be out there.
At least, this is what Juneau has been told her entire life.
When Juneau returns from a hunting trip to discover that everyone in her clan has vanished, she sets off to find them. Leaving the boundaries of their land for the very first time, she learns something horrifying: There never was a war. Cities were never destroyed. The world is intact. Everything was a lie.
Now Juneau is adrift in a modern-day world she never knew existed. But while she's trying to find a way to rescue her friends and family, someone else is looking for her. Someone who knows the extraordinary truth about the secrets of her past.
“Exciting and tense! Prepare for the unexpected! You’ll stay up all night with this one!” — Sophie Jordan, NYT Bestselling author of the Firelight series.
- Expected publication: May 6th 2014 by HarperTeen
- ISBN: 0062225626 / ISBN13: 9780062225627
Why I'm Waiting on After the End:
- Some people may be over it, but I still love dystopian fiction.
- It sounds gritty!
- With all the stuff happening in the world right now, World War III doesn't seem all that unlikely :(
- I enjoyed Amy's other books.
- The cover really helps sell the book - it's very noticeable!