Waiting on Wednesday is my weekly post where I obsess over the shiny new books I cannot wait to read!
This week I'm waiting on... The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood #12) by J.R. Ward
What they say: J.R. Ward's # 1 New York Times bestselling Black Dagger Brotherhood continues as a royal bloodline is compromised by a grave threat to the throne.
Long live the King…
After turning his back on the throne for centuries, Wrath, son of Wrath, finally assumed his father’s mantle--with the help of his beloved mate. But the crown sets heavily on his head. As the war with the Lessening Society rages on, and the threat from the Band of Bastards truly hits home, he is forced to make choices that put everything--and everyone--at risk.
Beth Randall thought she knew what she was getting into when she mated the last pure blooded vampire on the planet: An easy ride was not it. But when she decides she wants a child, she’s unprepared for Wrath’s response--or the distance it creates between them.
The question is, will true love win out... or tortured legacy take over?
- The King is due to be published in March 2014.
Why I'm waiting on The King:
- I LOVE the BDB series!
- It'll be good to see Wrath deal with more of his issues.
- I want to know what will happen with Beth's needing!
- What will happen with the Band of Bastards?
- Ward writes smut SO well!
- I never moved on from my vampire obsession!
- So many questions need answering after the ending of book #11.
- I wanna see if Wrath goes all crazy papa-bear.
- Er see cover - surely thats reason enough?!
- Wrath & Beth's book was so long ago it's about time Ward revisited them.