Waiting on Wednesday is my weekly post where I obsess over the shiny new books I cannot wait to read!
This week I'm waiting on... Alienated by Melissa Landers
What they say: Two years ago, the aliens made contact. Now Cara Sweeney is going to be sharing a bathroom with one of them.
Handpicked to host the first-ever L’eihr exchange student, Cara thinks her future is set. Not only does she get a free ride to her dream college, she’ll have inside information about the mysterious L’eihrs that every journalist would kill for. Cara’s blog following is about to skyrocket.
Still, Cara isn’t sure what to think when she meets Aelyx. Humans and L’eihrs have nearly identical DNA, but cold, infuriatingly brilliant Aelyx couldn’t seem more alien. She’s certain about one thing, though: no human boy is this good-looking.
But when Cara's classmates get swept up by anti-L'eihr paranoia, Midtown High School suddenly isn't safe anymore. Threatening notes appear in Cara's locker, and a police officer has to escort her and Aelyx to class.
Cara finds support in the last person she expected. She realizes that Aelyx isn’t just her only friend; she's fallen hard for him. But Aelyx has been hiding the truth about the purpose of his exchange, and its potentially deadly consequences. Soon Cara will be in for the fight of her life—not just for herself and the boy she loves, but for the future of her planet.
- Expected publication: February 4th 2014 by Disney Hyperion - ISBN: 1423170288 - ISBN 13: 9781423170280.
Why I'm waiting on Alienated:
- I love all things alien! How will it compare to the Lux series or to Ravenous?
- I can't wait to see if Aelyx is more infuriating and hotter than Daemon Black (from JLA's Lux series).
- I love the cover!
- The premise of an interspecies exchange programme is very clever.
- As a big people watcher (in a non-creepy way) I want to see how Melissa Lander's humans react to the presence of aliens.
- Alienated is a debut novel which is always intriguing.
- The early reviews sound good but I want to make up my own mind about the story - there was so much hype surrounding The 5th Wave which I found slightly disappointing.
- I love a good pun and the title is very clever.
- What do the aliens want? It's got to be sinister right? Our planet, breeding stock, food?
- Again I'm refer to the title it suggests certain er motives...!?