Fates by Lanie Bross
Waiting on Wednesday is my weekly post where I obsess over the shiny new books I cannot wait to read!
This week I'm waiting on... Fates by Lanie Bross
What they say: What if your destiny was to kill the one you love?
One moment. One foolish desire. One mistake. And Corinthe lost everything.
She fell from her tranquil life in Pyralis Terra and found herself exiled to the human world. Her punishment? To make sure people’s fates unfold according to plan. Now, years later, Corinthe has one last assignment: kill Lucas Kaller. His death will be her ticket home.
But for the first time, Corinthe feels a tingle of doubt. It begins as a lump in her throat, then grows toward her heart, and suddenly she feels like she’s falling all over again—this time for a boy she knows she can never have. Because it is written: one of them must live, and one of them must die.
In a universe where every moment, every second, every fate has already been decided, where does love fit in
- Fates is due for release on February 11th 2014 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Why I'm Waiting on Fates:
- Seriously read the blurb!!
- I like the twist: Usually it's the guy who has to kill the girl.
- I love the star cross element - this never gets old.
- The cover is beautiful without resorting to putting a hot guy on the front (not thatI'm apposed to this but sometimes less is more)!
- I've been waiting for an interesting new YA series!