What they say: Rae Wilder has problems.... Supernatural creatures swarm the earth, and humanity is on the brink of extinction. Stalked by a handsome fairy who claims she is like him, demonkind, Rae thinks maybe it was a mistake breaking the rules by going over the Wall into demon territory. Plunged into a world of dark magics, fierce creatures, and ritual sacrifice, she is charged with a guarding a magical amulet. The changes to her mind and body are startling, but rather than accept her purpose she struggles against who she is destined to be. Throw in a big lust for a vampire who can't keep his hands off her, and life starts to get complicated. Rae is forced to make the ultimate choice: to live and die human, or embrace her birth-right and wield magics that could turn her into something wicked, a force of nature nothing can control.
- Originally Published in 2010 as The Demon Girl, Penelope Fletcher's Glamour (Rae Wilder, Book 1) has 191 pages.
I've seen some really harsh reviews and comments about this book, many of which I think are unfair. Yes there are many grammatical errors but they do not necessarily detract from the plot.
I think the problems people seem to have with the plot generally are Rae's inability to decide between the boys; she kisses them both more than once. It is worth considering that:
- Rae is in shock, she has literally just discovered that she is not human, so can we really blame her for her actions?!
- Everybody lies to and manipulates her.
- She's young and both actively try to claim her at some point.
- She has a bond with both Breandan and Tomas.
- Both are hot supernatural beings, so a love-triangle is expected!
3.5 Stars in my Sky!
My fav non-spoilery quotes:
- Don't you dare think because you're all gorgeous and perfect I'll start following you around...!
- Could you put the fangs away? - I like the way you smell. - That is creepy.
- I'm a fairy and there's a vampire in my wardrobe.