"Dark and delicious."—Kerrelyn Sparks, New York Times bestselling author on Race the Darkness
Out of darkness and danger…
You can't hide your secrets from Lathan Montgomery-he can read your darkest memories. And while his special abilities are invaluable in the FBI's hunt for a serial killer, he has no way to avoid the pain that brings him. Until he is drawn to courageous, down-on-her-luck Evanee Brown and finds himself able to offer her something he's never offered another human being: himself.
Dawns a unique and powerful love
Nightmares are nothing new to Evanee Brown. But once she meets Lathan, they plummet into the realm of the macabre. Murder victims are reaching from beyond the grave to give Evanee evidence that could help Lathan bring a terrifying killer to justice. Together, they could forge an indomitable partnership to thwart violence, abuse, and death-if they survive the forces that seek to tear them apart.
Amazon * Amazon UK * B&N * Google * Indigo * BAM! * Indie Bound
Add to Goodreads
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review!
I really like their unique relationship and how they complimented each other. I wasn't entirely sure of the protector element but this did begin to make a lot more sense as the story developed. I'm not the biggest fan of insta-love but I'd say what Lathan and Evan experience is more of a instant connection or kinship, which I enjoyed immensely, plus they have some pretty strong chemistry!
The mystery is dark and dramatic but never seemed overdone or forced. I'm off to read book one about Xander and Isleen!
4 Stars in my Sky!
Seven Things about Abbie Roads:
- She loves Snicker Parfaits. Gotta start with what’s most important, right?
- She writes dark emotional books featuring damaged characters, but always gives her hero and heroine a happy ending… after torturing them for three hundred pages.
- By day she’s a mental health counselor known for her blunt, honest style of therapy. At night she burns up the keyboard. Well… Burn might be too strong a word. She at least sits with her hands poised over the keyboard, waiting for inspiration to strike. And when it does—the keyboard might get a little warm.
- She can’t stand it when people drive slowly in the passing lane. Just saying. That’s major annoying. Right?
- She loves taking pictures of things she thinks are pretty.
- She’s represented by Michelle Grajkowski of 3 Seas Literary.
- Her first book RACE THE DARKNESS was a Publishers Weekly Top 10 Pick for Fall.
Website * Newsletter * Facebook * Dangerously Dark Darlings Group
* Twitter * Instagram * Pinterest
Enter Abbie’s Giveaway:
a Rafflecopter giveaway