13 things I loved to obsess over in 2013!
13. Book Boyfriends - I'm clearly too old to ever think, let alone write the words 'book boyfriend' but they have become one of my very favourite things of the year! Cam, Daemon, Hunter, Rule and Jake are on top of my list. Who is on yours?
12. Going to my roomie's Wedding in Portugal - It was super chilled and beautiful (this is from the gal who doesn't really like weddings or anything formal). It was also really emotional see her get married and be all grown up!
11. City of Bones Movie - I love Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments series and had been greedily anticipating any news about the movie. When the movie was released I didn't actually end up liking it as much as I thought I would, but sometimes it's all about the build up!
10. Twitter - my obsession with Twitter became apparent when I left the country for a few days and didn't have wifi. Needless to say I didn't handle it well and I need my daily fix of the madness.
9. Doctor Who 50th Anniversary - I'm such a massive geek (but can't bring myself to say Whovian out loud) that I even made a TARDIS cake for the occasion!
8. American TV Shows - I've been hooked by Supernatural, Bones and Dexter for years but I've now added Sons of Anarchy, Grimm & Boardwalk Empire to the list.
7. My MA - Finishing my dissertation & gaining a Masters Degree was amazing. BUT to then Graduate in the beautiful Cambridge cathedral was above and beyond!!
6. Game of Thrones - I've LOVED the books for years BUT am obsessed with the TV show.
5. Ian Somerhalder - I'm not really sure this needs much explaining BUT there's just something about his slightly evil looking smirk as Damon in TVD!
4. Meeting all you fab bloggers!! Thanks for all of your feedback, hints and support. You all rock!!
3. Christian Grey - I spent an obscene amount of time this year obsessing over who would play Christian Grey in the 50 Shades movies. I was very much in team Somerhalder or Cavill but quickly warmed to the idea of Charlie. BUT I love Jamie Dornan and think he'll be amazing!
2. New Adult - For me 2013 was all about NA books. I love discovering fab new authors (Sabrina Elkins, Genna Rulon) & reading the next instalments in some great book series' (Jet & Rome or Before We Fall).
1. Starting this blog! - I love everything about reading and writing, so for somebody who spent the past two years reading Milton, Blake and Bronte, my blog is a great way to interact about less classical and more lighthearted books.
My Top 13 Books of 2013 (my full guest post can be found over at The Book Lovers):
Walking Disaster – Jamie McGuire
Obsession – Jennifer L. Armentrout
Only For You - Genna Rulon
Wait For You – Jennifer L. Armentrout as her naughty alter ego J. Lynn
A Little too Far – Lisa Desrochers
Recklessly (Documentary #3) A.J. Sands
Wallbanger – Alice Clayton
Call Me Crazy – Quinn Loftis
Jet (Marked Men #2) – Jay Crownover
Mine (Real #2) – Katy Evans
Bully – Penelope Douglas
Losing It – Cora Carmack
Rome – Jay Crownover
What made your list?
What made your list?